Consumer Fraud Alert
Don’t send money:
- to a stranger – only send money to people you know personally!
- to pay for an online purchase
- to someone claiming to be a relative in a crisis or an emergency you have not confirmed
- for a deposit or payment on a rental property
- for anti-virus protection
- for a mystery shopping assignment
- to pay for rent
- for a credit card loan fee
- to claim lottery prize winnings
- to resolve an immigration matter
- to pay for something in response to a telemarketing call. Telemarketers cannot sell you anything and take payment by money transfer from anyone in the US. This is illegal activity!
✓ Never share the transaction reference number or recipient details to anyone other than the intended recipient!
✓ If you have reason to believe you are the victim of a scam, DO NOT PROCEED WITH THIS TRANSFER, and immediately contact Ria's anti-fraud department. Call 1-877-443-1399 or send an email to FraudPrevention@riafinancial.com.
✓ Remember that when you send money the recipient will receive it quickly. Once the money is paid out, Ria may not be able to give you a refund, even if you are a victim of fraud.